Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know when to seek mental health treatment for myself or a loved one?
Different mental health issues have different symptoms that might warrant you to seek help. However, there are some general symptoms that might require that you get help. They include:
- Excessive anxiety
- Loss of interest or enjoyment or prolonged depression
- Suicidal thoughts
- Substance abuse
- Extreme anger, hostility or violent behavior
- Inability to cope with daily life and problems or struggles
- Extreme change in personality, eating behaviors and sleeping patterns
Does online therapy work?
Research has shown that online therapy for addiction and mental health problems work just as well as in-person therapy sessions. Existing research has shown that online therapy is effective, acceptable and practical just like in-person therapy.
However, you need to find a good website where you can get genuine help to start your journey to recovery. We believe our website is one of those that you can rely on in your journey to end addiction or recover from a mental health disorder.
How can I prevent relapse?
Recovery is only the first part in your journey to fight and overcome addiction. You have to keep fighting the battle daily to avoid relapsing. Therapy or rehab lays the foundation you need to maintain a healthy and sober life down the line or even sound mental health.
But, you must have the will power to keep pushing and overcoming each day so you do not relapse. Some of the tips you can use to prevent relapsing include;
- Hang out with sober friends
- Find someone you trust to talk to when you have something bothering you.
- Focus on proper nutrition and regular exercise.
- Find something to keep yourself busy.
- Change your phone number or change friends that push you into temptation
- Surround yourself with the right people.
How do I protect my identity?
At Elevations Health, we are fully compliant with online data privacy policies atop being compliant with the health information act that protects patient information. Our website is secure.
We never share your information with any third parties. Plus, we have invested in advanced encryption software to keep all communications and data safe and secure.
Have a Different Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 344 532 2352